Monday, September 27, 2010

I model for Versace

Yesterday, Dave and I went to the Panthers game. It was sad from any perspective you try. Saturday was sunny and hot, yesterday was cold and rainy. While I have longed for cooler weather, I wasn't so excited about the rain and my sitting outside. The game was painful to watch for a host of reasons, the least of which was the weather. I hate to be a fair weather (ha) fan, but come on.

Anyway, the great thing about games is no matter how poor the athleticism, the people watching is superb. Now remember, it was about 70 and pouring rain. Near the end of the first quarter this couple comes and sits in front of us. Let's call them Robert and Victoria. I feel certain these are not their real names, but I feel they could be. Robert is early 40's, salt and pepper hair, chubby face and chubby body. His face looks a bit like a cat to me. Victoria weighs about 6 pounds, 3 pounds of which is make up and she is dressed in cocktail attire, not sportswear. As the camera guy comes near our section of the stadium she starts yelling "film us! film us! I model for Versace, you should put me on camera!"

2 comments:

  1. I love that you just end with her quote - no further commentary is necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not talented enough to follow that!

    ReplyDelete