Tuesday, December 13, 2011

There's a Reindeer on that Car!

Or You're Not Fooling Me, I know that's a car and not a reindeer!

See, Lizard is outraged at all the people who are decorating their cars. She doesn't think you should throw a big red bow on your 1987 Honda - makes people sad to think that you believe that's a new car. She also is concerned that you may crack and leave your children in there as a present to whomever is calling social services to report you as a bad parent.

The other night I saw a big car that had a sleigh and some reindeer that lit up on top of it. Here's the thing - I love the phrase go big or go home....but in this case, I feel compelled to tell you that if you can't fit 8 reindeer on top of your car, maybe you should just stick to the reindeer antlers that fit in your window. I mean, how much power is that whole on the go display eating up in your car battery? And how did you find time to do all that?

As I'm typing this, I just realized that from my childhood to present day - the title of this post is very different. Growing up if someone said "there's a reindeer on that car" I would assume it was a dead deer. As an adult living in a decent size city, it means someone has strapped lawn ornaments to the roof of their car.

Merry Christmas y'all

No comments:

Post a Comment