Sunday, February 12, 2012

The future of writing

While I love my iPhone, I have issues with the future of parenting and writing. No, I do not have children. No, I do not know how difficult it is to teach someone how to write. However, I do not think that teaching your child to trace letters with their fingertip on and iPad is doing them any great service for the future. I mean, how would you ever write on paper to say, leave someone a note or in Snarky's case, keep up with your paper calendar, if you don't know how to write with anything other than the tip of your finger. I just don't understand how that is considered teaching someone how to write. Although I also don't understand how you come to be a college educated adult and not know how to properly hold a knife and fork, so maybe it's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment