Friday, September 30, 2011

Construction Madness

Since we don't have any groups in today, we have some construction happening in the building. Phone lines are being dropped, the balcony is being repaired, the air walls are getting some TLC and the set up guys are trying to set for Monday. Here's the thing, I like a plan. If the plan needs to change, ok, but there needs to be a good plan in place to start. The guys running the phone lines are making a mess of everything. We were told they would be finished in the big room yesterday. Unfortunately the lead worker had a costume malfunction and had to go home early.

Today at 1:30, they still weren't finished in the main room, so I went to get an ETA. He tried to give me 15 different excuses all to say he didn't know when he was going to be finished. Then he called me sweetheart. If there is one thing that will immediately put you on my bad side, it's calling me sweetheart while giving me an excuse as to why your work isn't done. Just because I'm short doesn't mean my brain is small.

So the award for best contractor/construction mess goes to the air wall guys. They showed up when they were supposed to - did all the work they needed to and left. The balcony guys get a decent second place - other than being an hour late and giving me a throbbing headache from the sound of work, they have done pretty well today. I sure hope this place looks decent on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment